How We Gather Personal Customer Data
Compatible Cable, Inc. is the sole owner of the information collected on this website. We will not sell, share, or rent this information to others. The information that customers share enables us to provide a more valuable shopping experience through personalization and performance monitoring. Compatible Cable, Inc. collects information from our users at several different points on our website:
1. Registration Page: In order to place an order on this website, a user must first complete the registration form. During registration, users are required to give their contact information (including name, email address, phone and fax number). This information is used to contact users about the services on our site for which they have expressed interest. There are also unique identifiers (such as customer number) that are not required, but requested so we can provide a more personalized experience on our site. Site registration is also required for client access which features information pertinent to resellers and requires the mailing, emailing, or faxing of a valid reseller certificate. Acceptance of client registration is not guaranteed and is up to the discretion of Compatible Cable, Inc.
2. Order Form: We request information from the user on our order form. Here a user must provide contact information (including name and billing address) and shipping information (which may be to a third party). This information is merely used for billing purposes and to fulfill a customer’s order. We will use this information to contact the customer if necessary.
3. Other Emails: After a customer places an order, we will send an order confirmation email. We occasionally may send website, service updates, and product announcement emails. We will communicate with the user via email or phone.
4. Catalog Request: If a user wishes to receive a confidential reseller catalog/pricelist, we ask for contact information (including name and mailing address).
5. Email to Request a Quote or Technical Support: A user may request a quote or email our customer service department about technical issues concerning our products or pre-sales support. The user volunteers a name, an email address and technical information that may help in answering the user’s questions.
6. RMA Request: The customer may enter contact information (including name and email) and product information to receive an RMA (return merchandise authorization) number that can later be used to process the return.
How We Use This Data
Information we collect online may be used to provide you access to certain parts of the website, to enable you to purchase products from our site, to allow us to fulfill any orders or supply any information you have requested, to collect payment from you as appropriate, to contact you regarding any financial transactions or information requests, to customize your personal online shopping experience, to analyze our performance so we can improve our service level.